PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANN dash 8 contract and Interview Help(Merged).
Old 12th Mar 2005, 12:30
ecutop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: Air Nippon Network Sim Eval

There were three candidates invited to SEA for my evaluation. First there was a brief summary of the plan for the day. Then one by one we were taken into the next room for a twenty minute interview.

The interview was conducted by one HR person and two Captains. General “Tell me about yourself” questions followed by some “What if” questions. What if there was smoke in the flight deck. What if there was a disagreement between pilots. Some questions were “lost in translation” and would just be dropped. Other questions were wrt memory items on the QRH. Overall, nothing too unusual or challenging.

Next a briefing by the FlightSafety instructors (Copilot and sim tech/ATC) about how to be successful during the simulator evaluation. Lot’s of good advice.

Next, the three candidates went to the simulator for a practice session. 1 normal T/O, 2 V1 cuts to 700feet and one practice visual circuit (I think). It was very rushed.

Then, in the same order as the interview, we individually did the evaluation. One visual circuit just for practice, then it began. First, the same visual circuit to a full stop. Second, takeoff to vectored straight in VOR approach to opposite end of runway. Third, V1 cut vectored to a single engine ILS. Done.

My advice is to not touch anything but the controls and the power. Request flight director inputs and course selection from PNF. Do not even set your bug headings. Tighten the tension on the power levers so you cannot make large adjustments easily. A little power adjustment goes a long way on the 400. For the SE ILS, drop the gear at the first movement of the G/S, then the flaps when 3 green (asap) otherwise you wont slow down on the slope.

Last, if you get a contract offer, speak to as many people on the job as possible to see if it is right for you because the job isn’t for everyone. Especially if you are going for an F/O position.