PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good news on the horizon with Gulf Air
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2005, 03:25
costalivin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tic - It is great that your kids are happy at school away from your base however this would not suit all children and I for one do not want to be forced to send my family to live on the other side of the world simply for financial reasons.
Here are some solutions to the GF unrealistic school fee allowance which currently covers only 1/3 of the actual fees

1. Increase all school fees allowance to a realistic level irrelevant of whether your kids are in Bah or at school abroad

2. Since GF has a seat on the Board of Gov of a well know Bah school, negotiate a reduction in the school fees for GF crew

3.Reward long service with the company-- the longer you stay the bigger the school fee allowance you receive

4. I'm sure Mr H and his team could come up with some even more ingenious ways to deal with this issue. Get brainstorming guys!

We can put up with the repetitive routes and meals, the long hours, the illogical rostering etc but I for one do not want to drag myself back home after a long flight to an empty house.

A HAPPY PILOT IS A SAFE PILOT