PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good news on the horizon with Gulf Air
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2005, 00:07
tic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none really

All of you need to maybe chill-out a bit.
GF is no better or no worse than any other in the Gulf.
My kids go to boarding school out of the country, AND they love it. Lets face it,the facilities are lacking for them in many ways re sport, where it is too hot to do anything but swimming, for a long period of the year. Actually the GF school allowance for kids away is almost 3 times better, than locally. In my case, I hope it doesn't change, but why it was done in the 1st place is beyond me.
Scott was on the aims the other day trying to explain the constant changes in rosters, which often makes life un-bearable for us, especially those of us with families. Rightly so, he explained it was due "sickness", and figures were shown. Really guys, are we professional or not? We are our own worst enemies, and it's high time we realised that. Any time you go "sick" for no real reason, you stuff some-one else up, and probably his family in the eye, but none of us care, do we? "As long as I'm all-right Jack", and we have the ordacity (SP) to blame it on rostering. I think not. Having said that, rostering is equally to blame, i.e. giving same routes time and time again. KTM is a case in point, where some of us are given 4 to 9 of them in one line. How does that work on a " computerised system". Or is it? I agree 767 gets the raw end of the deal ( ****ty routes), same same same meals, day in and day out, ( rather get an allowance and buy my own), but for most of us at GT, we get to live in DXB, despite the drive, and it is better than most places in the Gulf. Especially for families.
James Hogan may not be perfect, but no-one can deny, that GT has made an enourmous amount of money for this airline. His idea, and hats off to him for that.I believe we have all benefitted one way or the other.Yes all of us deserve a substantial increase, and to be truthfull ,all of us deserve it. ( Those of us that are loyal anyway) Most of us want to stay and see the airline prosper big time, but it won't happen if we act like children, will it?
Said enough and waiting for the baiting comments, but the truth hurts.
tic