PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Travel - what's happening at Manchester??
Old 11th Mar 2005, 19:40
U/S President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To go back to the original post: of course lots of routes will be dropped at the end of S05. Just like they are at the end of every summer, until the next summer. MyTravel Airways UK is borrowing five aircraft off Skyservice Airlines and two off MyTravel Airways Scandinavia to bulk up for the summer. In the winter, we’ll be giving those back, plus lending Skyservice three or four of our own (as has been happening for years). But, as far as I know, S06 will be as big (if not bigger) than S05 at Manchester. And W05 will be on a par with W04 - so hopefully not too many worries on the job front at Manchester.

Mr @ Spotty M: MyTravelLite is a bit off topic for a post about Manchester. But, if MyTravelLite were to finish, my guess would be that those Airbuses would move to Manchester and the final B757s would be history. Personally, I hope that MyTravelLite continues at Birmingham.

I’ve got to agree with Dada: the post from Skylark_air is gobbledegook from start to finish. Starting with: “MyTravel is owned by Airtours”. Do you mean that Airtours Holidays owns the MyTravel Group?! Or are you trying to say that Airtours Holidays effectively owns MyTravel Airways UK as they provide 90% of our business? You second paragraph doesn’t even make logical grammatical sense so I’m not sure what you point was there. I guess you were just warming up for your finalé: where you reveal that you thought Finnair were going to buy MyTravel Airways UK on the basis that we subbed some flights to them in September 04. It was a lot more than a few Riminis, by the way. But even so, get a grip of yourself man.