PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sit Down before Reading Thread..
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2005, 17:03
MrHorgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Tudor,

Are you telling me, that operational requirements change from the week before, when they told me everything was ok?

It doesn't bother me particularly who signed the letter, nor it says private and confidential - I waive my right to confidentiality by posting on this forum which I am entitled to do.

I'm just somewhat shocked that they would lay off 40 people with that sort of notice - I don't blame them, if they specified a bit more it might be more understandable that's all. Why would they spend all this money on recruitment? Your seriously expecting me to believe that they would need to have this much of a change, and they had NO idea it would happen? One theory is the withdrawal of the Boeing's, if it IS that, it's been in the pipeline for months. A little expansion would not go amiss.

I worry about people who no longer have jobs, and people who have (potentially) lost a lot of money relocating. I'm not so bad, i've successfully pleaded, and got, my old job back. Not everyone will be as lucky as me.

Horgy

Last edited by MrHorgy; 11th Mar 2005 at 21:30.