PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good news on the horizon with Gulf Air
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2005, 06:27
Soft Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot on Bedouin, You just summarized nicely the situation, I would add the latest rumour I heard that some of the F/os who just got their A320 rating and came as non rated, would be soon in line for A330/A340 upgrade, which would make GF one of the most unique airlines in the world by upgrading inexperienced F/os especially on that type of airplane, before even their first bond started, 2 type ratings in less than a year, waow! Safety issue ? Likely to be one.
Now this looks like a pretty big one to me and I just hope it is a
r u m o u r.
Then really, since everything seems to be possible, why experienced F/Os with all the requirements and some time in the company could not be upgraded from right to left seat within the fleet? Like many other single type airlines do? Why this passage through wide body fleet before command upgrade ?
I apologize for being slightly off the initial thread, but Bedouin is raising a pretty current issue here.
Otherwise, back to the initial thread, yes, a significant improvement has to be done on the flight time or basic salary remuneration package, that would be really good news; If you fly low hours a month your salary goes very very low.