PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Transat loses A310 rudder inflight
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2005, 21:20
Skylark_air

Grrr

So the luck hasn't run out as Air Transat;

Rememeber when one of their A330's had a fuel leak in it's wing, and the Captain thought the computer was just generating a random error message?

But if it was a random error message, why did he divert fuel from the other wing, thus causing the aircraft to loose all it's fuel, and turn a daft mistake into what could have become a major air crash.

It's a good thing Air Transat pilots are lucky, and that on this occasion they were flying so close to the Azores when this happened.

But luck is a fickle mistress, nobody's luck holds for a lifetime, and at some time or other, Air Transat will loose the last lucky charm from the bracelet...

I think it is naive to just look over an aircraft, say it's ok then send if off packing, epecially with a potentially leathal problem like this. If I were the brains behind the head, I would take the time to find out more about precisely what has happened. Otherwise you could be left with an accident waiting to happen.

Accidents don't just happen. They are a series of events in which each fail-safe measure, fails. Thus bringing about a chain of events which triggers a disaster.