PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The need for licensed aerodromes for light aircraft
Old 10th Mar 2005, 21:11
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Devil The need for licensed aerodromes for light aircraft

There is a joint CAA/industry study group, recently organised, that is looking at small licensed aerodromes and the present requirements of Article 101. The CAA would appreciate the widest possible consultation and contributions to the work of the study group.

I am a member of the group having been nominated by the PFA however if you prefer to liaise with your own representative bodies then other organisations such as AOPA(UK), AOA, BBGAA, BGA, BMAA and GAPAN have put forward individuals who are also group members.

It may be that radical change in the need to use a licensed aerodrome for aircraft below 2730KG especially for training may result. There are a number of anomalies in the present requirements that need sorting out in any case.

I would much appreciate any comments you may have on this subject either on this thread or in a PM to me. Your ideas will then be put forward into the study group melting pot.

Many thanks,

Barry Tempest FRAeS