PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mental Capacity and Multitasking
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2005, 10:02
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer games that require hand/ eye co-ordination are good for improving that area. I don't know if you saw the 'child of our time' series which follows several kids from birth in the year 2000 through their development over the years. There was one kid (obviously now 5 years old) who was from Northern Ireland and he spent a lot of time sat in fron tof the TV playing Playstation. I reeled and took a sharp intake of breath at the parenting style, but the Professor Robert Winston showed the surprising results to tests run on all the kids. This kid was playing those 'shoot 'em up games', like Doom and his spatial awareness and reactions were superb. He was much better than the other kids at working out logic problems and getting a result, often thinking 'outside the box' to use an unconventional method to get the result (reward) he wanted. The other kids trailed in his wake. Granted his social skills were not as good, but I am guessing you have those already?!

So try playing those sorts of games and this one which is pretty tricky, but can be done with lots of practice.

Hope that helps.

PP