PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First time across the Channel....BUT.. the opposite direction!!
Old 10th Mar 2005, 08:05
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time across the Channel....BUT.. the opposite direction!!

Hi All,

Our aeroclub is planning to embark on its first trip across La Manche this spring, and I thought I would ask if anyone has done this before.

Now I know hundreds of you have done this from the UK, but what about in the other direction (and I dont mean going back home again!!). What Im talking about is a bunch of french pilots going across to the UK for the first time, not all of who speak perfect English....

With this in mind we were thinking of taking just two or three aeroplanes for this first attempt, flying together, with myself doing most of the RT, but with a pilot relatively competent at english in each aeroplane. Do you think this is an acceptable idea and has enyone any experience of this? I would be interested in any advice about the trip or recommended destinations in the Southern half of the UK. Plus any comments about those blasted foreigners visiting the Uk and their faux pas so that we dont make the same ones!!

The date of the trip is still not confirmed and will not be for a while as yet, so no need to hide away in the hangars just yet!!

Regards, SD..