PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is the cheapest way to get a JAA ATPL
Old 10th Mar 2005, 00:19
moochooser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said in an previous post. The quote for the IR conversion was with 10 hours in an aircraft as southends sim is not approved to do more than 5 hours. The actual minimums are 10 in sim and 5 in aircraft. I did not look into other schools as I was just trying to get a rough idea incase I need to convert. I assumed I could find it cheaper if 10 hours could be done in a sim.

I got to FAA Multi CPL IR for about US$13,000 it was a couple of years ago so rates have gone up a bit but not by much. Lets say it costs £10,000 to convert, have I not still saved alot of money? I don't understand why so many people seem to be trying to find holes in this. I am just trying to help people who are thinking of starting. Obviously they will do their own research on the matter.

Just out of interest what is the cheapest integrated ATPL course in the UK that includes ALL required fees and an MCC course.
Also do they provide accommodation and food in that price?

It would be interesting to know how many people who have replied are either conected in some way to a UK school or who did the integrated course and are having trouble finding a job.

This post was just intended to give people who want to be a pilot an obviously cheaper option to look into.