PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racing to the bottom.
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2005, 23:29
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's get a few points straight. You are extending my arguments out to other areas and topics in which I never even made my opinion known. You're drawing a very long bow indeed to assume I'm "one of the people that leaves my stuff out at maccas" ? Or even assuming what my views on health care are? Where the hell did that come from anyway?

I think you believe my opinion is "f#ck everyone". Well it's not

User pays / Paying for endorsements - I believe there is nothing wrong with a company asking you to pay for the qualifications you attain. Do I think it is a good business decision to do so? Personally no, because they are limiting the prospective employee field by pricing some out of the job. Do I think companies should be allowed to ask, yes.

Pay and conditions - Do I think companies should pay $1 an hour. No. Do I think the market should set wages - Yes with the limit of minimum wage still applying. This is why we have laws protecting society against market failings. However, you get to make the decision as to whether you wish to work in that job for that pay.

Unions - Do I think it is right to strike for better pay / Do I think unions serve the greater community. No! I raised in a previous post an example where hundreds of families were left on welfare because of a group of people striking. The company they worked for went bankrupt , and to this day they still hate that group.

So what's next Matco, I suppose next you'll say I kill small animals, simply because I don't like unions I do find your 1+1 = 758 approach to what I've been saying amusing though.

Oh and schnauzer, I think you'll be surprised to find that I'm quiet happy to accept the wage that the market deems I deserve. I have the choice to move on if I wish. I'm all for choice.

Anyway, I guess I better get back to killing small animals and dancing with the devil