PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nottingham Lynx Ditching
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2005, 21:28
totalwar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
believe it was the flight winchman. Its normal procedure for Lynx flights to take the flight winchman with them as he also acts as the gunner (unpaid, unwilling and little training).
As for the ADAWS problem. It is well documented that T42's have massive nav errors and it is not unusual for outhouse to bugger off on a course of its own never to be seen again. Happened to me many times and eventually I made local policy to remain within 50 miles of the ship. It also meant that the whole thing had to be updated every 20 minutes whiich is inefficiency gone bonkers...
No one seems to be placing any emphasis on the bag passing them duff info....was the bag to blame?
Maybe the BOI can make sense of this but at the end of the day if the outcome of this is a decent nav kit for the T42 then some good will have come of this.....although I doubt the funds will be found.

When i pointed out to 'those that should have known better' how a little bit of finger faff had almost got me soggy and lost an aircraft i was met with the quote "What do you want? An apology?" Oh, and i got a bolly for breaking radio silence.
Good point made by Orca.... I dismay at the amount of times I have recovered (just) and attempted to bollock the Navs/OOW only to be greeted by a blank look.....

Last edited by totalwar; 9th Mar 2005 at 22:23.