PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh is the man to head BA
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2005, 16:01
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming up for thirty years with BA I have yet to meet anyone who seems to be concerned with his arrival. We have been inundated with threats since day one for me. Much of what the thread states on cuts is fairly obvious to all of us, even some within BA. As for sell of BACX (regional) I think some of their guys will tell you they have already been decimated, having changed from a healthy profit to a loss and no direction despite numerous management changes.

Aircraft will no doubt be rationalised, but that said, already in the plan, the only reason for aged 737's and 757's is we cannot afford to replace them at this time. Resale values on both marques is poor, as on our 767's. BA has already outsourced ramp and engineering in the networks and all that remains to further reduce is outsourcing ramp / passengers services at UK regions and LGW (no offence intended).

It is fine to talk of cuts but WW will have to tread very carefully if the T5 new home is to be an immediate sucess and unlike AL he has to answer to BA shareholders who have seen nothing in the last four years. Therefore the last thing they will want to see is futher losses of their share value.