PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life as an SIA Cadet
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2005, 11:57
gdaymate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Life as an SIA Cadet

G'day,

Got through all interviews and am off for OBS. Had questions for those cadets who are currently in training. I'm Aussie (of asian heritage). I've never lived in Singapore before so this all very new.

Seletar: Whats the life like in Seletar ? Do you have free time in the evenings and weekends to go home?

Are the instructors at Seletar helpful in your learning? DO they encourage questions ?

I heard life there is like a "civilian military". Is this true in your experience ? (up by 5 am, room inspections, do what we tell you, **** when we tell you, etc etc)

I heard that the instructors at SFC and attitude of the airline is that they "treat you like they own you" - like dirt. Is this true ?

Jandakot: DO you typically have evenings and weekends off to leave base or are you restricted to the airport ? Whats the attitude of the instructors/superiors there ?

Someone once mentioned that you need to have a "singaporean mentality to get through" or adapt to it, is this true in your opinion ?

What advise could you give an Ang Moh like myself ? Do non-singaporeans and non-M'asians have a hard time with the cadetship ?

What is the attrition rate in Jandakot and Brisbane ? Where do most people have a hard time ?

Thanks much.