PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2005, 10:28
sixtiesrelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with Sharpie

I agree with Sharpie that there is something in body language or "whatever" that seems to make some people draw fewer bad vibes.
I've wandered some interesting streets in PNG, Indonesia, Hongkong ... and never had a problem.
I've used laughter and friendliness to get me over the initial moment.
Glad I haven't lived in PNG since '73.
We wandered home in most towns, alone or in groups from the pictures, pub and club regularly and didn't feel cold fear.
There was a night when Captain Drama had a bit of a "revelation".
He decided to leave his friends at the Madang pub and go back to the mess… he’d had enough and was tired.
He had partaken of a large number of Buka Meris and reckoned bed was a good place to be.
He was floating along past the golf course feeling pretty happy with life. The day's heat had dissipated and the cool balmy evening breeze was up, when he out of the blue, stumbled and fell over on the road.
Got up and fell over again.
Sort of got up carefully and staggered off, thanking his lucky stars that there were no witnesses to this embarrassing loss of dignity and seriously considered his age was catching up with him and he should perhaps consume less Rhum from now on.
He went to bed and next morning at breakfast was asked what he thought of the Gourier last night.
It was a happy Cap’n John who realized he could continue drinkin’ his normal quota after all.