PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter - Last seen.....
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2005, 20:51
jindabyne

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look - I wasn't goin' to rise - again. But you've made me.

Under this, and another 'name', along with my pal Jacko (sorry, never met), we've continued to give Typhoon its rightful dues (albeit also crticised its political, MoD & industrial shortcomings). I spent more than 20 years alongside Tornado - MoD/flying the thing/marketing it. I then did 12 years (yawn) helping to develop Typhoon in all its forms, and then marketed the beast - never flown it, but sim'd it a lot and have lived around those that have been 'live'.

So what! Boring old fart! But the aircraft is coming alive at last, and though the conception was long ago, that, in modernistic terms, has little to do with its purpose or longevity. If 'you' take great care to consider its current (yes, 17 year old) spec, and, as Tarnished alluded to, its 'potential', the weapon system, is, aside from Raptor, unassailable - for decades. Oh - and I forgot- it's Brit (again sorry, European).

But to most who post here with an opposite, and mostly spotter (inc RAF and old JW), anti-BWoS view (that'll get you going), that matters to me not a jot. Do by all means go for your alternative view, though god knows what'll that be - US, French, eh? With all the attendant lack of performance/spec/software access and development growth in-country etc, etc

Typhoon - jam today, and jam tomorrow.

Last edited by jindabyne; 8th Mar 2005 at 21:25.