PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew strike ballot!
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2005, 12:29
Mini mums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think TopBunk has hit the nail squarely on the head. 40 flight hours per month, due to inefficient turn-rounds, and archaic industrial agreements, mean we deserve to go bankrupt. If it weren't for the LHR slots it might even be Rod's preferred method of dealing with the problem.

I say let them strike - give me a tabard and I'll perform their safety role, and service - I'd even manage a smile which might shock some of our regular passengers.

If you paid me the same as a CSD, I'd be happy with the pay rise.

Rod - if you're reading this, get back to work - and please sort out this f**king mess.

I would love to have a good working relationship with our Cabin Service colleagues - but that doesn't mean I have to agree with the Nanny State that BA provides for them.

BA is talking about lowing the gear on approach 300' lower and saving a hundred grand a year in fuel bills. I say sort out Cabin Services, get rid of CSDs and save several million. Fire Mike Street and Joy Horden and bring the lot back under the umbrella of Flight Operations, save several more million in pointless middle management.

Let the sanctimonious rebukes begin . . .