PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas panel interview
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2005, 07:14
franksnbeans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey A333,

I found that (rather large) list of example questions on PPRune a while ago. They apply to a DE position I believe. However, I expected to be asked some technical questions about aircraft, allbeit to a lower standard.

I was asked things about engine types on the 767 and that kind of thing. A friend of mine had an interview for the stage 1 cadetship, and was asked what the difference between the 737 700 and 800 was. He was also asked about the A380. I don't think that you are expected to know a lot of these questions, but knowing that something has winglets, or knowing a bit about a new and exciting aircraft type that you may end up flying on as an SO would show them how enthusiastic you really are.

They will probably also ask you what the direct entry requirements are, and quiz you on an expected time frame to achieve that if you were unsuccessful with the cadetship.

If it helps at all, any question I was asked that I wasn't sure about (how many wheels on a 767 for example), I said "I don't know". I remember seeing a photo on the cover of one of my flying books and counting 12 in my head, but I would have been relying on a photographic memory - that I don't have! I was just honest really.

good luck

rgds
fnb