PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NO 13th Month!!
Thread: NO 13th Month!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2000, 22:18
Screaming Lord

Can you believe that the Company line to it’s own staff (let alone the media) is that they have made major concessions to the pilots to avoid any disruptions to the upcoming holiday season. The first one they quote is the re-instatement of normal salary (as opposed to B scale salary) to the 4 sca…..I mean 55 yr old extendees. EXCUSE ME, BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXTENDED ON THEIR NORMAL A Scale SALARIES ANYWAY AS OUR/THEIR CONTRACT QUITE PLAINLY STATES.
It is now very obvious that our Manager Flt Crew has told blatant porkie pies to all the other managers, and left the DFO looking pretty stupid.
The point I want to make to everyone is that, if they consider that returning those extendee salaries to A scale as “a major concession” conceded because of the “pressure” to avoid any holiday disruptions, what hope would we have of any advancement of our case had it been a normal month, or we HAD NOT applied any pressure? And this is an issue which should NOT HAVE EVEN BEEN AN ISSUE. Again THEY were testing the edge of the envelope to see what we would take, and now it’s a concession on their part to give it back--- GIVE ME A FU____ING BREAK. Now we are all pissed off big time Nick and I really think you have blown it. You have had your chance, you have the backing from the top, but honesty and integrity is obviously not part of your agenda. We are not militant, as you would have everyone believe, we just want to go to work with a regular contract like all other NORMAL airlines, without all this CRAP. You are threatening the very existence of CATHAY PACIFIC, COMPROMISING FLIGHT SAFETY AND DISREGARDING COMMON SENSE, For what?, a few dollars here, a few cents there, a bonus in the Caymen Islands? Do you have any conscience, we all know your boss does not. For you there is no message now ( you just have to live with yourself). For the 2000 of us we have to be very resolute and stick by one another right now like never before because THEY have shown their true colours and it is not nice.