PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NO 13th Month!!
Thread: NO 13th Month!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2000, 19:37
Old China Driver

I wish to make one thing perfectly, deliberately and conclusively clear. The management of this airline can continue down this tired road of 'intimidation' and 'manipulation' until the ashes lie around their feet for all I care. They are completely and utterly morally bankrupt. History shows that all regimes that have to revert to an oppressive rule are destined to fail. There are no exceptions. The cracks in the facade are beginning to show, and they are yawning ever wider. More flights are cancelling, more panic is setting in at crew control, and the rats are beginning to run in circles and bite at their own tails. It would be oh so typical of this airline to cancel the 13th month and then attempt to blame that on the pilots. Frankly, I really don't care. It is now apparant (..only the blind can't see this by now...) that the ONLY way for the aircrew to establish a 'balance of terror' with this management is to hurt and embarass them. I will enjoy reading their explanation to the rest of the staff as to why they are not paying 13th month in a year of RECORD profits. That will ensure a smooth operation next year.....! If they try and not pay it to only the pilots, well.....that will ensure that we will increase our co-operation with crew control, won't it? Ladies and Gentlemen, the wolf is in the henhouse....but it is just starting to notice that the hens have very large, sharp teeth.....and they aren't running away. I ask every one of you (including the usual suspects amongst my colleagues in C&T) to take a step back, look at your career and where it is going, look at the people who are managing us, at what they have done to us, and then look at yourselves in the mirror. Resolve NOW to stand up to this tyranny, this malignant and corrupt manifistation of managment, and establish once and for all that we demand RESPECT and a proper career based on proper pay and benefits. INSIST...NOW on a rostering system that provides us with SOME control over our lives. After 15 years, I STILL cannot ensure getting off the day my daughter graduates from Uni.....THAT is a disgrace, and would not happen at a proper airline. It is time we forced this situation to a head. There is no time, or reason to continue to sit by quietly why our careers, our very lives are devalued and squandered by these venal (yes GMA, you DO know what the word means), corrupt and incompetent people. They have NO respect for us, and it is time they were gone. DO NOT fear them, for they ARE NOT WORTHY OF OUR FEAR. OCD