PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong sucks
Thread: Hong Kong sucks
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2000, 08:04
SuperSandwich

Thumbs down

Its a shame that the guys who dream of the chance to be able to fly pax a/c with an airline and can't. For example in the UK/Oz/US, even if you have perfect vision you are in competition with so many others, and the chance of getting onto the cadet course with BA is impossible. I have a friend who got turned down because one of his GCSE grades was just alittle bad but all the rest have been top notch. I am sorry to say that there are a few individuals and only a few who didnt really want fly in the first place, in that I mean they are just in it for the money, 'Oh I had nothing better to do so I just applied and saw what happened', 'I want to stick it out for a few years then get a job as a manager with.....'. Oh I have heard them all and it sometimes makes me a little sick, if the guys in UK, US etc. who have invested so much in thier flying heard this I am sure they would chunder too.

For the guys who dreamed of flying and got onto the Cadet course... they are the lucky ones, their dreams have come true, they can only think of the hundreds who are not so lucky.
For those who are not remotely interested in flying....move over for the guys who want to. Enough said.