PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transmile Rip-Off Scheme! Caution
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2005, 18:17
Eddiedemarco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmile Rip-Off Scheme! Caution

Dear Fellow Pilots.

Be aware of Transmile practices.They hore you as a pilot and upon your arrival in Kuala Lumpur they come with a RM 26000 bill for you to [ay as a training bound for already typed rated pilots.It doesnt matter if you have the rating they will charge you for line training. See the emails sent by HR Manager to my attention when I was already doing the type rating differences training from the 300 to the B 737 -200 to work there as a co-pilot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Eddie
Please be informed that we have received clearance from DCA for your security vetting.Therefore, I would like to know whether you are still keen to join our Airline as we have opening in the month of May 2005. Please reply my mail latest by 25th February 2005 to indicate your interest before we proceed further. I have also attached the process flow for your further action.

Please resubmit your documents as mentioned in the flow chart and resume. From now onwards, I will be the liaison person for your application.

Regards
Karen Yew-Human Resource Manager
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Karen Yew
I have just arrived in the United States (Chicago) as of today for the B-737 Reccurency Training according to your last employment offer (letter issued by you) I have scheduled the training to begin within the next few days. Doing so under the employment proposal, I have already made payments for the course with the intention to join TAIR. Considering the opening for May , I was wondering if a sooner opening could take place, due the fact that I have been informed by Cheryl that a late March or early April employment would tale place upon completing the training. So here I am already in the USA, taking the appropriate measures to exclusively to join TAIR. Regarding your requesting, Yes I do accept your offer , please to send me the wages details.

Regards
Eddie De Marco
Dear Eddie

I trust that you are now undergoing the 737-200 type rating course and once you have completed please forward to me the certificate. We are targeting five B737-200 co-pilots to start employment with Transmile by May 2005. Please make your own travel arrangement to arrive at our office on 2nd May 2005.

Please be informed that you will receive the following package:

a) Basic : RM2400
b) Type : RM1600
c) Car allowance : RM300
d) Flight Allowance: RM40 per hour (min 40 hours) * during line training the amount will be RM15 per hour
e) Annual Leave : 32 days
f) Sick Leave : 14 days
g) Perdiem : varies from location

h) Meal Allowance : Eligible

You are also be insured for Loss Of License & Hosptialisation & Surgical insurance

In view of your low flying hours and the rating is only sim hours with no actual flying on 737-200, you will have to undergo line endorsement and line training with our Company. The calculated cost is RM26,900 therefore, you have to put up RM10,760 as security fee with our Company. The said amount will be refunded to you upon expiry of your bond of two years.

With the above terms, I would like to know whether it is acceptable to you? As I am giving you the first priority in our recruitment list therefore, I request for your commitment.

Regards
Karen Yew
Dear Eddie
I have heard your grievance and I emphasized your situation. Having said that, I cannot bend the policy for you alone and upset the whole batch of candidates coming in.The best I can do is to reduce your security fee to RM8,400 since you have higher flying hours (initial was RM10,760) and we are hoping your line training will be shorter. The Company is still taking the risk as we won’t know your performance until we fly with you. You have to find all means to come out with this amount.
The training bond of 2 years will still remain.This shall be our final offer. Think over it and let me know. Again I apologize for putting you in such situation.
Regards
Karen Yew
In case of any firthey questions email -me...I will be more than glad to tell you the details

United States . March 2, 2005

To: Captain Krishna

Subject: Edison LR De Marco

C/c: Human Resources – Miss Karen

As an ethical and professional individual, I would like to inform Transmile Air Services that I have no longer intentions or meanings to agree with the practices and hiring policies exercised by this company toward myself.

I have invested about US$10.000, 00 in other to meet the requirements and Transmile’s policies. Unfortunately such practice shows that Transmile is not a serious company or an Airline that deserves such credit by professionals like me. How can the Operations and Human Resources Managers of a * so called airline of excellence,* practice such dishonest and disrespectful policies to people that are willing to work and make their living honestly with honor and pride.

Miss Cheryl Song and Captain Krishna are people of unworthy words and credibility, How can someone, not only tell, but issue an employment letter to a family man under the promise of employment conditioned to the B-737-200 Type Rating only, and even worse, during the entire process I have keep this company and themselves informed of steps and the costs and expenses of such. I also have made clear that I would quit my employment in order to join Transmile. Making things worse, promising false wages and issuing a senseless Local Training Bound, expecting me to pay for additional training in Malaysia in order to serve as an employee. What king of policy is that? The International Airline Pilot Hiring Rip-Off Scheme? Recruiting worldwide, disrupting families’, explore hard working people that need to work to support their loved ones, by surprising them upon arrival in Malaysia.

Your apologies won’t pay or bring it back what I have given up and the investment made see below.

Airline Tickets US$ 2500,00 ( Non-refundable)
B 737-200 Type Rating US$ 7250.00 ( Non –refundable – Obsolete aircraft)
Hotel Expenses US$900.00 ( Non-refundable)
Meals Expenses US$450.00 ( Non-refundable)
Transport Fees US$250.00 ( Non –refundable)

Be sure that I will make it public within the International Aviation Media and Aviation related websites.

Best regards,

Edison LR De Marco

Karen Yew Pooi Sze <[email protected]> wrote: Dear Eddie

I have heard your grievance and I emphasized your situation. Having said that, I cannot bend the policy for you alone and upset the whole batch of candidates coming in.

The best I can do is to reduce your security fee to RM8,400 since you have higher flying hours (initial was RM10,760) and we are hoping your line training will be shorter. The Company is still taking the risk as we won’t know your performance until we fly with you. You have to find all means to come out with this amount.

The training bond of 2 years will still remain.

This shall be our final offer. Think over it and let me know.

Again I apologize for putting you in such situation.

Regards
Karen Yew