PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia, MAS and future Malaysian Pilots - BEWARE: MFA
Old 7th Mar 2005, 08:52
cav-not-ok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello ladies and gentlemen,

i am a graduate from MFA and I have to TOTALLY agree with longlatif.
in fact he left out a few points.
the main reason MFA IS in the DRAIN is because of the principle. he is an Ass Ole. he runs the school looking only for profit, profit and profit. everything else get put in the back seat. safety, quality and standards.

lets look at it this way. the school takes more than RM150,000 per student and there are about 250 students at this current time. with batch average of 10~15 students, that's more than a RM1,000,000 per batch. and that's about 10 batches at a time. so thats about RM10,000,000 at any one time.

so as you can see, there is alot of money coming in, but i am yet to see money going out.

from the acaedmy ground school facilities point of view.. most of the buildings are ex-freight containers. even the exam hall is 2 or 4 cointainers joint together, which makes the floor very unstable. it bounces up and down when you walk. next, when they lost their giant crp-5 (the big training one), they did not bother to replace it, citing it was too expensive. the only time they do upgrades or clean ups to make the school look better is when either DCA or MAS or other investors come in to inspect or view the place. they siap change the table covers in the cafeteria. but of course they take it off once they leave.

next are the aircrafts. most single engine aircrafts in MFA have only one radio and one vor reciever. and if you are lucky you could get a working ADF receiver. and mind you they are all more than 15~20 years old (the radios). the Attitude indicator and directional indicators in the planes are all running all over the place. especially the DI. less than half of the aircrafts in the academy have working Transponders. when some thing breaks down, they usually do transplants.. ie. they take out one radio from a 2 radio a/c and shove it into the s/c requiring the a/c. these are the things i can see. as far as the engines go, i cant really tell. but i can tell you on go around and full power they sputter like a 95 year old (2 big packs of dunhill a day) smoker.
i have spoken to the engineering staff, and they have told me that they have requested for the spares to be brought in, but they were all turned down by GP Capt (r) kokshove (mr principle is case you didn't know)

ok enough about that. i can understand that these are all not really major problems. and if push comes to shove the training can be done, but considering the fact that i paid RM150,000+ to these people, i EXPECT better QUALITY. i havent even started on the food (RM15 a day [breakfast, lunch, and tea -no dinner] compulsory and to be paid upfront before the course begins), their RM700 a month mini rooms the size of a link house toilet which is not included, and thier modern* "state of the art" simulator*. not to mention the problems with the instructors. aiyayai!~

ok.. now about the cadets.. (sorry if this is turning into a book).. hehehe .

as far as private students go. long latif is right. they are 2nd~3rd class citizens in the country of MFA. and MAS cadets being the drug of choice. i dont understand why they do this. in fact if i was principle(dictator) i'd treat the private students with love and respect, mainly cause they pay me cash!

now. regarding the problem of MAS cadets coming out of MFA and turning into bus drivers, its not really MFA's fault(well it still is partly) is because of the MAS selection problem. MOST of these so called cadets don't even want to be pilots. they are all there only for the money and the ladies. i feel that to be a pilot, a person has to WANT to be a pilot and to love being one. there are so many kids out there who would do anything to a pilot, but due to this so called *QUOTA* system (if you know what i mean, just shake your head.. if not, then just ignore.......- PIG!) they all have to wait 5,6,7,8,9,10, years till they get picked.

there are more reason for the lack of quality of pilots due to the reason of mfa but this simple message would of already turned into a novel. so i'll stop here. ask more and i'll update you guys.