PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racing to the bottom.
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2005, 21:28
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry folks I wasn't aware Pprune had the harvard referencing system in use. I never claimed those words to be mine. If I was endevouring to "plage" I would not have included the link to the graphic.

As for the "that's just academics, the real world doesn't work that way". I would disagree. Those theories have been developed over hundreds of years, rather than your 10, 20 or 30 years experience when viewed from the pilots perspective. In fact that is entirely a new topic (Education vs. "school of life")

I stand by my claim that the number of employees a company hires is based on the cost of that employee (using a given demand) and the productivity that employee creates.

Let's turn your arguement around. You truely believe the wage that employer is forced to pay (using a union example) has no outcome on the number of employees??

What's my real problem with unionism ? Well, I think it comes down to ethical decision making. I believe in deontological ethics - where you should base your decisions on what is the right thing to do - not base on the final outcome (utilitarian ethics). I still think it is "greedy" ("for lack of a better term" - Wall Street) to hold a gun to a companies head to force them to pay above market wage. While the old saying "if you want a second opinion ask the same economist" is true. I think you'll find that other than truely leftist economist, they believe in the statement i referenced on unions.

Last edited by Pass-A-Frozo; 6th Mar 2005 at 22:31.