PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Close call in Japan
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2005, 20:11
eman_resu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine, so the execs return 10% of an already large salary.

Great, and the whole thing is still swept under the carpet.

While I take on some of the comments from previous posters, I disagree with others.

Pricincipally that there was no report supplied to the Japanese air ministry, and also no associated press report (from what I could see on the JAL website) that even references that incident, meanwhile other carriers have 22 odd pages within pprune on an IFSD.

So, meanwhile, a 'first rate crew', on a 'first rate airline' cause a runway incursion, (agreed by reasons still unknown), and until recently, unreported by the airline involved.

Whilst I am unaware of the level of runway incursions generally, how many of these are caused by experienced crews of established airlines, or for instance in-experienced GA traffic? (As an example)

I would not expect an 'experienced' captain and f/o of a 777 to make this kind of mistake, nor would I expect the airline involved to actively hide the fact that it happened.

I just hope that, when my family member left for her two JAL flights this weekend that she has had a f/o with the balls and empowerment to speak up, and ground controllers as observant and ready as the guy who managed to stop that previous accident.

And if being a concerned husband and normal run of the mill SLF makes me a racist bigot, then so be it.

JAL and their airline partners need to look at this, quickly, and don't pay lip service by buying off the public at large. Some of us are not convinced.