PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 23:05
Taildragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Yup Tinpis...did many nightstops in Jayapura. Even visited the largest Brothel in the world (For a beer you understand) at Sentani on the lake shore. Amazing amount of wee wimmin.!!
Indos could NOT under any circumstances chill a beer to save their lives. That Indo Pish was always warm.

Yes Tinpis, I had forgotten that these Pics were still on the net. How do you remember these things.??
As for the Moitaka Gliding Club, well only the washing machine and I know how bloody scared I was that day, but surprisingly only AFTER we were down and in the Dero club bar, with accident investigators on the terrace conducting the investigation. (Trutok) The owner of the 185 was hacked off, but being still alive, I couldn't have given a rat's arse, honestly. Chuck and I had a few beers to celebrate still being around.
I remember Chuck and I discussing how the right lift strut was creased at the back end. I told him that I was abolutely certain that we had not backed into anything. I also never knew that the stall speed of a 185 was so low. Needle was on zero as I recall, but at that stage it was too late to care. Piece of advice after what I learned that day, is that cables are absofeckinglutely invisible. They make a lot of noise when you hit them and if you don't have a soft hook, you are dead, die pinis.
Oh, and as far as I remember, Chuck, it was a Ute who swereved of the road. I absolutely remember the whites of his eyes at least 6 inches in diameter as he hurtled off into the bush, but then I had other concernns at the time.
I remember the accident report (In the Public Domain) criticising the fact that I calmly reported on the wireless that we were going down on the road. Apparently I should have screamed Mayday etc etc. If that's all we got off lightly. Chuck, who was theoretically in command took all the flak, and I blamed everything on him, as you do.!! The fact is, Chuck and I are still here, still drink beer together.!!

As far as the Great dero club raid mate, it was a mixture of emotions and happenings. The Picture says it all, and as I have said to many Doctors over the years who have queried the scar, that it's just a Port Moresby Love Bite.!! I have this picture on my study wall to remind me.!! I wouldn't have missed it for the world.!!

Last edited by Taildragger; 5th Mar 2005 at 23:30.