PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatcher...how much can I earn?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 23:00
tall and tasty

Bruno Silva

I left dispatch 6 years ago and the wages in the company I was with were done on a grade system. In dispatch you were a grade 5 and upwards. The money was better than in the rest of the handling agent except for the loaders and groundpower/mocon. But with OT I used to take home a very nice packet at the end of the month. It is addictive if that is the sort of thing you like doing. I used to do double back shifts some of the 12 hours onto 12 hours because I lived and breathed the job!

But in the UK you do have the down side of the bad weather in the winter and the chance if you are taken on in the summer you may not be needed on a permanent contract in the winter. But that is a risk you may take and if you get experience it will put you in good stead to work for any handling agent or Airline.

One of the best careers you can have failing flying the birds themselves!

Take care and I know 3 dispatchers who fly a/c started with PPL and got ATPL's and now are F/O and Capt. So it can be done just put up with the ribbing from some out there who think they are all glorified bus drivers whether fixed or roto!

TnT