PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABZ 24hr opening-OFFICIAL
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 18:33
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I would imagine that they would take some sort of action but i doubt they would go as far as too shut down the airport ! I would say fine and slap on the wrists."

Err, have any of you seen what's been going on here at CVT?

Warwick District Council may claim (according to their chief planning officer) that they are not trying to stop passenger flights, but they are certainly trying very hard with their vindictive enforcement action over the Interim Passenger facility.

I know much of this hinges on a dispute over PDRs, and it is of course not strictly "their" airport, but there are plenty of other cases where councils will do what they can to stop development.

There really needs to be an education lesson for all officials involved over the relative noise emmissions of different aircraft, as even the 732's mentioned above have very different characteristics to other a/c in this family.

How many councillors would know the difference between a 732 and a 735, or between an A319 and an A300???

How often does mitigation get discussed, instead of rant rant rant, and letting the nimbys bleat for Britain?