PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difficult question...
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 10:20
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have seen the SofS working at first hand and can confirm all of the things totalwar says (I must know you TW but as you're probably a naval aviator I shall pretend I don't). I would add that he is also decisive and insists on evidence not conjecture to support his decisions (that'll be the lawyer then).
Sorry, the bloke is institutionally inept! He has a leadership ability easily surpassed by the newest recruit, exemplified by his decision to p!ss off ski-ing during the buildup to Telic. His department is an absolute shambles - I was told in public by a senior officer (who should know) that the MoD has been bankrupted by RAB and Telic. The buildup to Telic was an absolute disgrace and there are plenty of other horror stories about last minute UORs, kit issues and supply issues. The treatment of David Kelly and the dissenting DIS analysts was shameful and motivated by political mendacity. The cuts announced last year are short-sighted and risible and will damage our military capability to an extent that it will take years to recover from. In short, BuffHoon has presided over one of the most disgraceful periods in our recent military history and will be remembered alongside Sandys and those of the War Office of the 1930s for his stupidity.

The only thing that keeps the military going is the selflessness and creativity of the troops and the junior/middle managers at JNCO/SNCO and OF2/3 level. If BuffHoon had a shred of decency the contemptible wretch would have resigned over Hutton.