PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racing to the bottom.
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2005, 08:29
Three Bars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that we have discovered NEXT GENERATION's new nickname - PASS-A-FROZO.

Guys, you will never get PAF to change his mind, you will just inspire him to new levels of BS.

My profile of him is:

Must be very young - probably just out of university with a management degree (or similar) and absolutely convinced of his own infallibility in every regard.

Must be single - therefore enough time on his hands to keep the management degree BS fresh in his mind, and can afford to live (maybe just barely) on whatever pittance his employer deigns to gives him.

Must not work for an airline as a pilot - or he would not be arguing the abolition of unions since he would have already been exposed to enough corporate greed to make him renounce his management degree BS forever.

OTOH, if my profile is wrong and he is content to be paid whatever his employer deems appropriate, is prepared to negotiate his own payrises with Uncle Wayne (or similar) and is happy to represent himself at any hearing arising out of a flying incident/accident then he deserves our pity, not our animosity. His employers will salute his ideals and smile benevolently upon him as they slowly destroy his and his family's livelihood.

PAF, you said that there are plenty of starry-eyed flying graduates happy to take our jobs. That may well be true at the moment, but if all of us were like you, that would soon stop, becuase nobody would seriously consider flying as a career - they would all be managers and fly for fun on the weekend.