PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crewing versus Human Rights
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2005, 23:53
Maximum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miserlou
Having the audacity to try to argue human rights for a working airline pilot is beyond me.
So by inference you're saying that a working airline pilot doesn't have any human rights?
And by the way, the comparison you make with life in extremis hardly validates your argument, does it?

JB007
What's wrong with not answering the phone outside working hours? Don't you want a life? The relationship between employer and employee is not a charity in either direction. In my long experience, answering the phone to crewing outside contactable hours is simply a recipe for being manipulated unfairly by a company who sees you as a soft touch. If no-one answered the phone in this way, airlines would have to bring crewing levels up to more sensible numbers. And for those who argue this would make companies go bust and we'd all lose our jobs, I say think again. They'd simply have to increase ticket prices a touch to more sensible levels at worst.

And funnily enough, the upshot of this would also be an easier life for crewing.