PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech 1900 Rating - Is it worth doing?!
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2005, 22:01
thekiwicappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proactivity is a choice...

Thanks heaps fella's!

In my situation with ATPL, 3500 hrs, 500 multi etc i just think i need to push myself here and get away from piston's once and for all. They were great fun and provided unforgettable memories both here in Oz and overseas, though i really believe it's time to make the step up and concentrate on the big picture.

I realise it's a **** tin of money for a rating and there are other aircraft to consider(yeah metro's...) that would suit as well, but for what i have in mind, i feel pretty confident that this will score me the 'specific' job i'm after. Australia is'nt the 'be-all n end-all' for me, and there are definately some good jobs out there.

I've been told if the rating goes well and they're happy with me they'll throw in 10-15 hours ICUS which i think will be essential to make the rating worth it. Going from single pilot ops, flying pistons, to multi-crew turbine ops is a real shift, and something that i feel is needed before the thought of jets can be entertained - others will disagree i'm sure - that's just my opinion.

Cheers for the feedback!!!!