PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racing to the bottom.
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2005, 10:04
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cutest of the Borg:

I find it quite amusing that someone with Borg in their name would argue for "collective" bargaining

What kind of twisted logic is "If you don't like the pay and conditions associated with a job, quit". Well it's a quaint little economic system called Capitalism.

How dare someone ask you to be qualified to do a job. (e.g. Have paid for your own endorsement)..

You all seem to imagine that you are battling the Kerry Packer types and trying to get your money from him. I've got news for you, the shareholders are mums and dads. Don't believe me, why then is QANTAS included in the Commonwealth Securities' Mums and Dads index? So next time you are claiming that you don't get paid enough, and "stick together" to gouge another payrise that's whose pocket it is coming from.

While you are making quite an assumption to call me ex-military, I'm curious as to what "propaganda" you think the military espouses?

The kids are out of the mines people, put the union to bed and stand up for yourself - don't expect others to do it for you. A bit of rugged individualism wouldn't go astray. No-one "forced" you to go into aviation, no one "forced" you to work for a particular company. Don't like it -- you can quit. Or you can continue to try and screw the Australian public; your choice.

Unions reduce the number of jobs available in an industry. It is an economic fact. So how about next time you're pushing for a big pay rise you take a trip down the local aero club and explain to the kids down there why you're making it harder for them to get a job in Aviation.... or don't you care because you've 'made it'?