PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2005, 01:52
Sharpie

Retired Tiger pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha Jayapura. Sentani.

Yes Hanoi, I did escape along with the F/O and Hostie after donating all those 'feelthy' mags to a higher authority and I'll relate the sordid details later. I was operating QF25/26 at the time.

I also was on the btumen runs to Wamena and after returning to POM after a sortie, joined a few of the lads in the Jet bar to relate the latest fun and games.

A sneaky reporter asked too many questions, so a few us fed him some real horror stories keeping very secretive of what we were actually carrying on the aircraft.

WOW! Not long after, a story hit the stands that Chansett crew were ferrying - in dismantled ICBM's to Wamena as someone(?) was setting up a ring of these missiles around the Asia-Pacific Region.

Result of which was the worthy leader of the AFAP NG Branch had to publish a statement in the PIM saying it was not so.

Yep. The same Lui wanted my raybands and with the aid of a horrible looking sub-machine gun, convinced me to give them to him for the princely sum of US$25.00. I made a profit! Also sold him a few rools f printed linen for his wives or girlfriends. A profitable business.

Also did a few trips in the Skyvan, but Grouper and the boys did very well out of those trips carrying in frozen chooks plus other goodies for the Lui at very inflated prices.