PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there a shortage of experienced pilots in the USA?
Old 3rd Mar 2005, 13:08
SASless

Received 544 Likes on 222 Posts
It makes you wonder....sent an email to an outfit asking exactly where the advertised vacancy was....the outfit has several operations in that state.....no response...nada....zip....zero. Maybe I should have used their computerized application process to make that inquiry?

What does it take for a helicopter operator to learn that pilots are professional people....and the "human" touch works miracles?

The EMS operators want you to live within one hour's driving from the location but do not tell you where that location is exactly....but narrow it down to a single state. In my state...there is an operation within a mile of the house....next nearest is more than an hour away....the rest are all two-four hours away. Maybe my grasp of geography exceeds their HR department's or.....are they embarrassed to admit just how many pilots they are short in each state? 15 Ads.....two...three short in each state.....that is a lot of empty seats!

I just took a chance....called the number for the point of contact....as one would have guessed...got the robot saying go to the web site....but was given a chance to leave a message for the POC. I did....noted I lived one mile from one of their operations....any bets on whether I get either an e-mail or a return phone call? I shall not be holding my breath.....

Last edited by SASless; 3rd Mar 2005 at 14:12.