PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best 6 seater single engine aircraft
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 18:38
I.R.PIRATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBM 700. Its a fantastic little six seater...slightly expensive, however you get 310kts @ FL 330, sipping only about 150lbs of Jet A1 per hour. JHB to Entebbe no problem.....So operating costs are very very low. It is sold with a full 5 year maintenance plan, you only pay for consumables. It goes just about anywhere with 500m to land on. Full glass cockpit, with a fully computerised, engine monitoring and control system. In a recent poll held by Flight International Magazine, it was voted as the most incredible aircraft to have come out in the last 50 years, thats gotta say something. Im a twin man myself, but having had a close look at this machine....mmm, wouldnt mind having one in the garage...

ps: A little while ago, while it was undergoing certification test flying in SA, they put it up against a certain military a/c, a red and white one whos name i'll not mention, and the SAAF boys came a serious distinct second!! Its rated to +6, and -3 G, so........if you got a PC 12 kind of bank balance...... Personally , I'd rather buy the 12 because it is an established charter machine, and can be put on contract if you need it to earn money, but for pure pleasure and fun.....