PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silly Question of the day....
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 16:31
Red Mud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Tarnished for the first-hand knowledge of the pin et al. I also agree that the original question was placed in an "engine out" scenario however, having often practiced both scenarios in the sim (though I do defer to your real-world experience), I have found little difference between rates of descent at the point of touch down. The prime difference being that one is a forced issue with little room for correction while the other can be practiced and reshot if necessary. In any case, here is an excerpt from an recent AIN newsletter...
"On January 13 at about 1715 UTC, a Brazilian-registered Falcon 20 operated by Jet Sul Aero Taxi landed with its gear retracted at Aruba’s Beatrix International Airport. Neither the two pilots nor the sole passenger was injured. While on final approach, the crew reportedly received an onboard alert that the aircraft was flying too low. With its gear still retracted, the jet hit approach and landing lights before touching down on the runway and sliding for about 300 feet before coming to a stop."