PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zone Infringements
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 11:49
Evil J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And to add my 2 penneth as our procedures are being scrutinized!!

jezbowman:- refers to the phrase "...not yet cleared to enter" which i personally do not use as it would only take a slight break up in the transmision or interference for that to be heard as "....cleared to enter"

in the situation that jezbowman refers my reaction would be "continue towards the zone boundary, standby for zone entry" thereby avoiding the words "cleared" and "to enter" without actually using them in the act of clearing someone in. I don't think my phrase is perfect but its the best i've been able to come up with over the years!!

and FYI jezbowman:- as a matter of interest unless you are using the lanes Special VFR it is not actually in our rules that VFR must be specified in the clearance so "cleared for a Sierra Echo arrival not above altitude two thousand feet" is all that is required...not sure if that is an ommision in our Manual of air traffic services or not but thats what the book says so thats what i use!! (if you were special VFR then it would obviously be "sierra echo not above altitude 2000 feer special vfr")

And for all those wondering, a "sierra echo" (etc) is a local procedure only used by the based schools so if you are visiting don't expect to be expected to be familiar with it!!