PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of Airlines
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 11:16
Drap-air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The future of Airlines

I need some advice chaps.

Currently in my final year at uni and attempting to find a suitable graduate job. Problem is I have a tremendous desire to go into airline/airport management and I am unable to find any sort of advertising for any graduate schemes. Sending letters and CV’s is pointless and is a waste of time and resources. I tried that avenue on my Industrial Placement year, writing to anybody and everybody. I received only one response, from MyTravel, reading, ‘We apologise but at the moment in time MyTravel is unable to recruit due to substantial market pressures, blah blah blah.’, which was fair enough since they nearly went bust.

As a regular browser of this very site and a daily reader of the Times, I repeatedly come across articles along the lines of ‘pre-tax profit loss’, ‘job cuts’ and ‘airline losing money’. Surely airlines such as BmiBaby could do with some fresh thinking people in the organisation who will have the ambition and drive to one day become senior management, i.e graduates like myself. Does anyone agree with this?

If writing letters is pointless, and there are no advertisements online or in trade papers, how does one fulfil his ambition? Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get into an airline/airport as a graduate trainee?