PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia, MAS and future Malaysian Pilots - BEWARE: MFA
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 09:55
Shintaro9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All...

Many many years ago MAS cadets were sent to UK, Scotland, Australia, Indonesia and some locally for abinitio training.

We all came back and got posted to F27s as SOs. We the worked our way up the fleets as FOs. Later we took ATPLs and then went down to either F27s and B732s for our initial command.

There was no differences really amongst the cadets from the different schools. This I noticed when we were FOs and later when I became captain. Also when I was IP and AE on 734s, DC10 and 744s, I found that there was really no difference that would make one batch more superior than the other.

All in all, I can say that it was a pleasure training and flying with everybody.

I can also say this. On many occassions I was privy to discussions about complaints about MFA to MAS management. I can only attribute that to the fact that it was a new training school and only the second (MAC was the first) that was involved in training commercial pilots in Malaysia for MAS. Also I guess that MFA was staggered by the number of pilots that MAS has sent them ( due to the shortage as a result of pilot leaving them for better paying airlines). I can also say that MFA can still improve if they put in more money and address the complains and also get better qualified FIs.

I am not worried. If the pilots from MFA are substandard, the IPs and AEs in MAS will fine tune them accordingly. This has been and shall be done for all batches that come back.

MAS wasnt looking for standards when they sent the boys to MFA, they were cutting cost that's all.

BTW, aviation accidents/incidents happen all the time regardless of where the pilots were trained or come from. It's our job to prevent one. I dont rely on MAS to support me or DCA to enforce anything as both parties are up to their noses with their own problems.

See guys, when you are in your ship, your are The Boss. Make sure you concerntrate on making you flight safe and avoid accident/incident at all cost.

Willflyer,

They said bad things about my training school too in those days, but heck look what happened. All of my batch boys are on the 744s now. Some are/were management, some are AEs and IPs, while only 3 of the 15 are line folks. (Oh, many though has left for KAL and CAL or Air Atlanta).

Happy Landings...