PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair worry the heck out of me and many other professional pilots
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 07:47
mrjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a load of crap. I don’t ever feel MOL breathing down my neck. The OFDM is one of the best things that have happened since GPWS.

How can it be an unsafe company culture to identify problems like pilots exceeding flap speeds, is it not a good company policy to identify problem areas and resolve them by changes in training procedures? It’s not used to punish pilots. Management won’t even know who the pilot exceeding a parameter is; it’s only intended and used to identify certain trends that need to be rectified.

We have an excellent and very stable roster pattern. I don’t think it’s a problem to do 5 earlies in a row. We have no overnights; I get to sleep in my own bed every night. I think it’s a greater safety problem to have a late start, sleep in a hotel, get up after minimum rest and go to work. I get a stable sleeping pattern during my earlies and at least 12-18 hours at home in between duty periods.

I’m not management, just a pilot with a little bit of common sense.