PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair worry the heck out of me and many other professional pilots
Old 1st Mar 2005, 23:02
flystudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a wannabe that reads about RyanAir here there and everywhere my simple thoughts on it remind me of the processess that were in place at a famous space organisation who were doing so well until a few accidents led to accident investigations which highlighted major failings in the company 'methods' & motives.

Having studied/researched that to a fair bit of detail and then reading about RyanAir I see similarity that is a bit spooky. I can only hope that RyanAir does not become the next "perfect example of poor HP/CRM etc" like trainers use Kegworth for.

Another thought is the amount of Pan/mayday's I have read that they issue due to fuel minimums (dont know how true that is) but if it is, I can only imagine this increases ATC workload and what if there was another A/C that had a real emergency and couldnt get processed becasue someone didnt take enough fuel becasue they wanted to keep their job !!

Or is it not really that bad ??

FS