PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nick Lappos - only a rumor (Now - the facts!)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 22:57
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bronx is right.

I have been offered the job of Vice President of Government Programs at Gulfstream, a great company and a great job. I am moving to Savannah, Georgia this weekend!

It took a while to pry me away from helicopters, after 37 years in the industry (32 years at Sikorsky and 5 previous years in the Army and/or engineering school).

Sikorsky is a fantastic company with a great future, and that kept me soundly at home for years, even as some offers came in from time to time. This last offer was just right, and when I was in transition between jobs, so I took the time to study it, met the people and thought hard about my future.

Yes, that desk in the Pilot's Office is vacant, (How does pprune get the precise word so quickly??) VXX had nothing to do with the decision, not at all. It was the chance to work on a new field with new challenges was so very tempting. I am an airplane pilot, and know airplane aero, too, ppruners!

I still plan to visit and participate in pprune (after all, Hovering is the distillation of pure flight....)