PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airprox: Harrier vs. Air Ambulance (again!)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 21:09
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes SS of course I have become an A2 QHI and a Sqn trg off without knowing anything about CANP!!!

Who said anything about a backwardclimb? If AA have to comply with Cat A procedures and it is endangering the aircraft to do so maybe you should either A. campaign to the CAA to have the rules changed or B. not do the job at all.
It seems to me that you are less at risk waiting for the land ambulance than hoping a FJ doesn't sneak up on you while you are climbing backwards to 120'.

Anyway I thought we were talking about field operations not elevated helidecks.

If there is a problem at Strensham then talk to the MOD, don't bleat about it on PPrune.

If wanting the military low flying to be contained in DUAs/notamed areas/Canada isn't an anti-mil low flying suggestion I don't know what is.

PS SS your profile indicates you are an apache god not a mere mortal AA driver - unless it's all bo88ocks of course.....
Sorry, I had to quote that in order to preserve it should crab wish to alter the post.

Lets bear in mind that crab felt he had to remind us that he is an A2 QHI and a Sqn trg off.

'Field operations', 'air ambulance', 'Cat A Ops' and crab you are surprised we are talking about backward take offs, better known as a heliport/elevated helipad procedure.

Even with my limited requirement for field operations, (dropping off bobbies to apprehend someone, investigate something or to land in a field at the scene of an RTC outside the operating hours of the local aa, and even my short stint with an aa unit,), I have had to use a helipad arrival / departure in order to comply with Cat A Operations. I can imagine that 'normal' air ambulance ops in the field will require the helipad departure/arrival profile if not all then certainly most of the time.
If AA have to comply with Cat A procedures and it is endangering the aircraft to do so maybe you should either A. campaign to the CAA to have the rules changed or B. not do the job at all.
Classic crab, pure classic. What was it again? A2 QHI, Sqn trg off.

May I suggest that should you ever need an air ambulance, then make sure that you have at least about 500metres of clear area in the near vicinity. And consider yourself an extra set of eyes.!

"PS SS your profile indicates you are an apache god not a mere mortal AA driver - unless it's all bo88ocks of course....."

My profile indicates 'WAH64FS2004' then a comma so make your own conclusion again.