PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 757-200 performance
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2005, 19:28
prb46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedbirdzero0ne
I did expect some sarcasm.Yes the original plan was to be a 225 but given the short runway and not knowing anything about the performance of the aircraft,decided against it.The thought of a 225 pulling up at 200 feet and retracting it's huge undercarriage as it goes over you and banking to the left,held some appeal.
That's why it's not easy writing a book about a highly professional crew facing up to an impossible situation.The book never blames the crew and all including cabin crew shine through.But I am not writing 'Handling the big jets',I am writing a book that holiday makers will read.
It is not just about aircraft performance.It has some sex as well,but I don't think I need to ask any questions about paragraph 17!!I am also very well quallified in the operatonal and crewing side of an airline.The earlier two chapters I received will mean that once again I will be working all night.I am off to Africa next week where I hopefully can study another side of the book.I have no intention of degrading the industry,and no intention that holiday makers would rather take the ferry home!!
You guys at the front and back shine through.

JC2354
I think you know where I am coming from.Many thanks and I will do the research.The aircraft in my book is only four over,but if he can get a 727 away anything is possible.If you live in Las Vegas I will bring you a copy!!