PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 757-200 performance
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2005, 17:08
prb46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for your replies.
The main problem with writing a novel is to keep the reader
enthralled,but also to make it as realistic as possible.To do that the publisher keeps asking you to go in another direction.
The B757 in question has no radio contact with the tower,and after a near miss with a landing Antonov,which managed a go-around,had no choice but to take off blind.
They are three days late due to waiting for parts to cure a bird strike that happened after landing.The parts never arrived due
to the civil war that was getting worse,and the reason that the pax figure escalated,is that all british and french people were desperate to leave.
The captain had fuelled the aircraft after landing,based on the lower pax figure,and that the engine would be repaired.
I have based the take-off to be a rated one,but this would mean nothing to a reader who does not fly,so presumably would have to make it a full powered take-off?
With a male captain and female first officer,the middle of the book was fairly easy to write.Been to a few crew parties myself.
Made easier by the fact the same crew stick together for the period of the book.

BEALZEBUB

The book is due to be published in America in Feb of next year and in the UK in the last two weeks of April,to make the beginning of the holiday season.Certainly will put you on the credit list.Still have many questions if you are prepared to help.
You may wonder why I have chosen the 757 as the aircraft in my novel.I was with Monarch when they had the first one delivered and thought it a wonderful beast.If any aircraft can do what I am asking then that seems the logical one.

Thanks again for your help

CosmosSchwartz

Thanks for reply.No it\'s not a UK airline,and it\'s not doing a routine flight.How many books do you think would sell with a title of \'A day in the life of a of a UK pilot\'?
The aircraft holds 228 pax seats if I am correct.The four extra were not invited,but you would have to read the book to find out why they were there.
The airport is deserted so you may wonder who took the front steps away?All will be revealed

Cheers