PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forming A Pilot Database?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2005, 14:48
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Forming A Pilot Database?

Hi folks,

For those of us seeking that first flying job would it not be beyond the boundries of possibility to form a database of names and give ourselves a recognisable working title such as 'Allied Trainee Pilot Association' or some such? This could be used as a list of those seeking work which could also in time be extended to linking those going through their training. Not exactly an official union but a tenious link between us all working to assist both applicants and recruiters which at present does not exist except for this forum.

One of the things that struck me during my training was the lack of unity amongst student pilots but more importantly the absence of a dedicated system to locate work. This industry, as we all know, is extremely difficult to enter and no organisation appears in place to link the job seeker and the employer together apart from those interested in providing further training and subsequent placement.

In time, the airline recruiters could find themselves free from countless unsolicited CV's and be free to access a current resource rather than have this ridiculous charade in existance whereby we all post aimless begging letters into the post for non existant jobs! If anything it would tidy up an extremely unproffessional and embarrasing aspect of this industry.

Pilots could be grouped in terms of flying experience, age, location, availability and other pertinent groupings based on the recruiters primary requirements.... Obviously this would need to be a non-profit making trial concept offering airlines and flying companies nothing but names based on information provided to the database.

Has anyone here got any reasons why this idea could never work nor in time become more recognised? Has anyone ever tried it before? Is anyone bothered? Is anyone interested in helping to form it?

Please post all thoughts.

VFE.

Last edited by VFE; 1st Mar 2005 at 15:09.