PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 744 Diversion to MAN (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2005, 13:02
Valve Kilmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frangatang wrote:
I would put money on virgin having done so on many an occasion.The only difference is they are could at covering up.
So what you are suggesting, is that BA is not as good as Virgin to cover up incidents, or in this case, maybe a bad decision? That is "commercially" an interesting thought. I don't think that any legacy carrier deliberately is trying to cover up things. There is a big difference, in trying to cover up things, and to refrain from sending out "Breaking News" each and every time a crew files an FSR or Voyage report.

As I've said before, I can't wait to read the report. I have a feeling that most of the 747(BA?) "non event, perfectly safe, no commercial pressure" guys in this particular case, are up for a surprise. Then someone will have some really interesting safety culture issues to solve. I shall however be the first one to stand corrected if the coming report has nothing to comment about safetywise/decisionwise in this incident. There seems to be lessons to learn for "either group", no matter what the outcome of this report is.

- and by the way, it doesn't really matter how much of an expert you are, if your decisions or statements are based on very limited, biased or even wrong facts. So while we are waiting for facts to surface, anyones opinion can be as good or bad as the orther!

VK