PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need an Agony Aunt!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2005, 11:22
atcea.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for your disappointing news

Many years ago there lived a peasant. One day as he returned from the fields, he heard a noise behind him. He turned to see a stray horse following him home, so he brought him along and tied him behind his house. Later that day, the neighbors came by. "What good fortune!" they declared. "You've got a horse now. What luck!"

"Perhaps," the old man replied.

The next day, the man's 20-year-old son decided to ride the horse. He hadn't been on it more that a few minutes when it reared up and threw the young man to the ground, breaking his leg. Later that day, the neighbors came by. "What bad fortune!" they declared. "Your son has been hurt. What terrible luck!"

Later that same week, the king sent soldiers into the villiage to force all the young men into military service. They pulled the youths from their homes and dragged them away, all except the peasant's son who was disabled with the broken leg. Later that day, the neighbors came by. "What good fortune!" they declared. "Your son has been spared. What good luck!"

---
OK, I'm sure you get the point. My first dream had been to fly helicopters in the military, but poor eyesight prevented it. Bad luck? I did not get sent to Vietnam and I did end up in a career, ATC, that I knew nothing about but came to love over the years.

Is your notice, however unwelcome, that you won't be able to persue an ATC career a stroke of bad luck?

Perhaps.